Business Development Manager
Adventure Canada is dynamic leader in expedition cruising, bringing our clients to some of the world’s most untouched and remote regions. For over thirty years we have been dedicated to providing unique experiences to our clients through the breadth of experience our team members provide.
We are looking for a persuasive and resourceful Outside Sales – Business Development Manager to join our team. This position will allow you to further develop your skills and grow professionally, while working in a fun, stimulating, fast-paced, and supportive environment. A career with Adventure Canada includes flexibility, travel, ongoing growth opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Our Ideal Candidate
The best fit for this success driven team is someone who genuinely enjoys talking to people, finds pleasure in challenge, showcases natural charisma, and is driven to measure success. We are looking for someone who has the ability to connect, prospect and source potential sources, while consistently maintaining brand integrity. The successful candidate will be provided mentorship but is required to present self-starter skills and a history of problem-solving abilities.
To be the perfect fit, you are:
- Relationship Guru – With your natural charisma, you find it easy to build and maintain relationships with your clients. You compose yourself with great energy, top listening skills, and the key ability to zone in on the right questions when pitching your products.
- Master of Rapport – You have a knack for making connections by creating a sense of trust and understanding within minutes. There is often no personality with whom you can’t build an understanding. You are dedicated to creatively building rapport even when met with resistance.
- Appetite for Sales– Sales is your diet of choice. You have an nearly limitless appetite to close the deal, even if it means hunting yourself. You feed your appetite by obtaining the knowledge you need to reach your targets while sharing solutions with team members, building an environment for success.
The person in this role will be responsible for promoting our brand with travel agencies and other partnerships. You will do this by engaging with the qualified partners within the Travel Trade Network. You will build new relationships and maintain existing partnerships by educating and sharing updates of our products. This position will require pristine public speaking and presentation skills. You will be required to edit, build, and deliver your own presentations. In our small yet professional company, no team is fully siloed. Your role will also require constant collaboration with the inside sales team including support as required in order to ensure bottom-line targets are achieved by the entire sales department.
Skills & Experience Required
- 3+ years of sales experience with proven success; travel industry experience given additional preference
- Ability occasionally travel up to 75% of the month; however, on average months are 50% travel
- Ability to travel internationally
- Driver’s Licence
- Experience working with remote teams
- Impeccable public speaking, interpersonal, written, presentation, and communications skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (specifically; Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working experience in selling to sophisticated/affluent clientele
- Experience working with multiple currencies and agent commissions is a definite asset
- Working experience with b2b and b2c
- Customer service-orientated
- Experience hosting information nights, attending trade shows, and attending company events
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Comfortable in a small office/family business environment; adaptable to a variety of duties
- TICO-certified a definite bonus
- Fluency in French & English is a definite asset
Completion of college or university is recommended. Our focus is to find a dynamic sales person who can formally communicate internally and externally with our team members and clients, as well as provide the required enthusiasm, drive, and ability to sell and promote Adventure Canada products.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person—not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take ten to fifteen minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application. We will review the applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
Business Development Manager